Friday, April 6, 2007

Progress has been made! Sarah Jane and Sadie Lynn have both been to the dentist, and I must say that I feel like SuperMom.
Both girls have fabulously clean teeth and I was praised for their brushing habits. At Sarah Jane's appointment I asked Dr. Lee to address the thumb sucking habit. She was surprised to hear that Sarah Jane was a thumb sucker as apparently she has done no damage to her mouth. But the subject was discussed and Sarah Jane has been working VERY hard to break that habit ever since.
When it was Sadie Lynn's turn, thumb sucking was the first thing mentioned by the dentist. She is not as lucky, and there is a small amount of change to the roof of her mouth which will only get worse if she can't kick the habit. Of course, Sadie Lynn is the one with the iron will and if I can't convince her to quit on her own we will have an epic battle on our hands.
I have already scheduled their next appointments for 6 months from now (I'm determined to stay on top of it this time) so we have some time to work on it. I'm sure Sarah Jane will go back with a great report, having stopped sucking her thumb entirely by then. But join us as we pray for a divine intervention on Sadie Lynn's behalf. God help us!

No comments: