Saturday, May 5, 2007

The Best $20 I Have Ever Spent

Guess where I am right now.
OK, I'm on the computer, that was an easy one.
Guess where my two oldest kids are.
They are in the playroom, playing a board game.
Guess where the baby is.
She is in the playroom chewing on a few teether toys and drooling like a faucet.

Wait a minute...
you mean to say that all three of the girls are awake, and in the same room, and no one is screaming, crying, choking, or otherwise in peril? And you're saying that while all three of them are awake, and in the same room, you have decided to remove yourself from their presence and focus your attention on the computer? Are you crazy, woman!

Why yes, in fact I am. Crazy.
My sanity is so close to the edge of the unknown that I have gone and done what I previously thought was absurd. I have taken a road that my friends said was a life-saver, but of which I could only think "you've got to be kidding me." I have given in to a temptation that before now I simply couldn't bring myself to indulge in.

I have paid a babysitter to play with my children while I...
DO NOTHING!!!

I ate my lunch without getting up. I drank a whole glass of orange juice by myself. I sewed on a button without spending 45 minutes searching for the 4 straight pins that my kid masterfully dropped in various places on the living room carpet. And that was only in the first 15 minutes! Now, obviously, I'm spending quality time with my computer. Then I might read one whole chapter in a book, or maybe finish the Sudoku puzzle that I started last Saturday. Or maybe I'll just take a nap.

This is amazing. I wish I had given in sooner. I know that there are probably better ways to spend $20. But today, my sanity deserves to be pampered. Today, I declare the next 2 hours as official "Me Time." So, while I would love to sit and chat, I have things to do. Or not do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not do all of them. I realize that due to the nature of the medium (and of course, my immpecable timing) that this comment is inherently late. So, next time. Ahhhhh, next time...