I asked all of you to keep checking this blog to get regular updates on the Hinton Huddle. And while you have been faithful, I apologize for the lack of "regularness" on my part. In my defense I have been EXTREMELY busy. Not that you haven't been busy too, and I recognize your time spent to log on only to reveal that I still haven't written anything. So again, I'm sorry, and I will try to be more on top of it in the coming months.
What has been consuming my time, you may ask?
First- Sarah Jane finished Kindergarten, lost her first tooth, and we signed her up for T-ball. She is very excited to be a first grader, but not as excited as she is to be playing T-ball again. Not only does she love sports, she is really quite good. I think we might have to try soccer in the fall, her kicking and trapping skills have greatly improved since a visit from her Uncle David...which brings me to business excuse number two.
We had a wonderful visit with my Aunt Judy and Uncle Willard in May, and then David came to stay for almost a whole week in June. He had some leave that needed taking before his time in the Navy is up, so he spent some of it visiting his three nieces. They just loved having him here, and he and I had a great time just hanging out. He was hoping to get the leave to coincide with our trip to Michigan, but that just didn't work out. However, that is my excuse #3.
We just got back from a two week trip to my homeland. It was a great vacation, but now I need a vacation. We were busy everyday, and our poor children got dragged around for 14 days straight of family, friends, and special events.
Special events? Yes. That is #4.
The greatest accomplishment of the century is that Jenny Irish, Blair Brown, and Erin Hinton managed to plan a surprise birthday party (complete with 245 invited people, tons of food, and a hot air balloon ride) for our moms and pull it off without them catching on! June 30 was the big bash and all three moms were completely surprised, despite many times of the beans being spilled everywhere. We had been actively working on it for about 6 months, although the last two months is where most of the work went. It turned out to be a great party, and a lot of fun to plan. And if I do say so myself, my skills at secret keeping are superb! And while there were last minute details to put together while I was in Michigan, I still found time for excuse number 5.
I have been working on, and finally finished and submitted an article for a mom's magazine called MOMSense. I was working on the article before we left for Michigan but just couldn't get anything to flow. After being home in Waterford and spending time with the entity known as Judy, Joan, and Cathy the article wrote itself. I should hear within 10-12 weeks if they have accepted it, but in the mean time I am making a goal to write one article or creative piece a week. That way I can keep working on my skills and hopefully build a base of work to pull from when opportunities to publish arise.
Speaking of writing...I am sorry to say that this blog session must come to an end. my time with quiet, occupied children is drawing to a close. Thank you for your forgiveness and understanding, and I will attempt to write again soon.
Tuesday, July 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment