Summer vacation is in full swing and I am asking but one question...
IS IT TIME FOR SCHOOL TO START YET?
It is light outside for so long right now that even when I put the girls to bed at 8:30 (an hour past their normal bedtime) they stay awake and talk and giggle and play until at least 9:30, sometimes later. And while this isn't a big deal with no school in the morning, one would think that it would provide for extra hours of sleep in the morning. Yeah, not so much. All three have been up by 6:30am everyday.
Perhaps part of our problem is that we haven't had any structured activities to help get out the enormous amount of energy cooped up within those little bodies. I guess we need to make more trips to the park, have more picnic lunches, and spend more time running through the nearby water fountains. These activities would also provide distraction from what seems like the constant bickering between the two oldest. If that can't be stopped, or at least cut back by one or two major disagreements everyday, I may go insane by August.
A couple of days have been spent working together to clean and organize their bedroom and playroom. Now that these tasks are done and with space to play and the ability to find the toys they are looking for, they have been able to play nicely with each other for longer periods of time. However, it is only the third weekday into summer vacation and they've both spent time separated from the other and without TV privileges for an entire day. We need to find fun things to do where they are too busy to get angry with their sister.
This summer will be a challenge, but all of us are up to the task-I hope. I'll keep you updated on our outings and activities, and if you have any ideas, let me know!
Yours 'till the kitchen sinks
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment