There are several goings on to talk about since my last post.
Friday last was Sydney Joy's BIRTHDAY! She is now 2 years old and is exhibiting sure signs of being right on track for that so aptly named "terrible twos" syndrome. She is pushing limits, gaining confidence and losing fear both for challenging authority and for physical feats. We are in a stage where she definitely knows what she wants but is 80% of the time unable to communicate that desire effectively. Sydney Joy does have several words in her arsenal, but tends to resort to the more familiar scream to convey her thoughts. Not my favorite vocal exercise, but it will fade as she gets more comfortable with her language, and as she realizes that mom doesn't give her what she wants just because she's loud.
She is definitely on the smart side of the street and seems to be taking a right towards thoughtful avenue. She will think out a situation before attempting to solve it with her body and enjoys her alone time. At the park yesterday she spent 20 minutes sitting in a plastic toy car, drinking her juice and watching the people. Some adults I know can't sit still for that long let alone a two year old. In ten years remind me of this story and make sure that I am allowing Sydney Joy to have the time she needs in peace and quiet. Time to yourself can be hard to find for anyone, but as the baby of three girls who all share a room in a little house, the teenage years are going to be rough. And if this trend continues she's going to be craving the one commodity that will be the hardest to come by-solitude.
Saturday I taught another Bible study at church, this time on Lydia. I've had a lot of positive feedback on the lesson, particularly from our Pastor's wife who said it hit her heart dead on. I really do enjoy teaching and pray that God gives me other opportunities to use this gift, both to kids and adults.
On the topic of teaching, I have been in contact with Mrs. Brown- the morning teacher at the preschool. And while securing the job is on hold until mid-August, when the district and school staff are back in the office, we have discussed the theme for next year along with some ideas for activities and field trips. She continues to be confident that there will be no problem with me taking over the afternoon class, but I'm trying not to get carried away with plans until I know for sure.
Sarah Jane and Sadie Lynn both got their hair cut the other day. It looks fabulous! My friend Hannah did it and you'd never know it wasn't a professional cut. I can't wait to come out to Michigan so Grandma Airplane can see them!
Speaking of that, travel plans are still underway. I actually have all three girls just about packed up entirely, and have a good start on the box of stuff designated for road travel use. I've started to sneak toys to pack so that on the road I can pull out a favorite that they haven't seen in a few weeks and they'll be excited about it again. That seemed to work well the last time, so let's hope it holds true for this trip as well.
I guess that is all I have to say for now. So, until next time,
Yours 'till the kitchen sinks.
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment