Thursday, February 22, 2007

Entry #1

Here it is. My mommy blog. All about me, my girls, and life as a stay at home mom. How much more exciting can it get? Never mind, don't answer that.
You may be wondering "why would Erin start a blog?" And that, my friends, is a good question.
The answer is simple. Because I want to.
My life is currently under the tight control of four very special, yet very demanding people. (you know who you are) And while I want nothing more than to be a mom and be at home with my family, I need a place to let loose now and then. A place I can be creative in a way that doesn't involve finger paints. A space I can let my thoughts run and ramble, or maybe one where I can carefully hone my thoughts into complete sentences that others might actually enjoy reading.
I need a place to be the mom I really am without worrying about the mom I should be. A log of my travels with my children as together, Steve and I try to negotiate our way through the rough waters of parenting.
So join me, will you, as I live, learn and love being a mom
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun! We'll look forward to seeing what you write.

Will and Judy

christythecook said...

I am so proud of you!!!! Some Mom's are so willing to simply lose themselves in Motherhood. It is an amazing adventure that I too am honored to be on and at the same time I long to complete a phone conversation, sentence and even a thought some days. We each have our own way of expressing ourselves. Our thoughts and feelings need to be expressed and I am so happy that you have found your outlet. I am so excited to read about your trying times, your amazing adventures and your inspiring thoughts and feelings. You are an amazing person, friend and mother.

I love You!!!

Christy