Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Current Plan of Action

FYI- as of now my plan of action regarding taking the preschool teaching position includes the following:

1. Meet with the Parent Board along with Mrs. Brown (returning teacher) and Ms. Renee (the one whose leaving) at their scheduled May meeting. This will be when the "official" announcement will be made that I have accepted the position, although the buzz has grown considerably over the last few weeks and I suspect that everyone already knows. At this meeting I will meet the new board for next year which has already been elected, and begin to be involved with any decisions effecting the '08-'09 school year.

2. Meet with the Principal of Yolo Continuation High School who will in effect be my boss. I will continue to be employed as a substitute teacher, which is handled by the District Offices, but the preschool program itself falls under "Adult Education" and is run out of and in conjunction with the continuation high school. This meeting will take place, I hope, in the first two weeks of May. We have yet to settle on a date when he, myself, and Ms. Renee can all attend.

3. Start visiting the classroom once a week starting in May. This will give me an opportunity to get reacquainted with the schedules and routines, and begin to develop a relationship with any returning parents. I will be able to observe Ms. Renee and note things that I want to copy and thongs I want to do differently. I am hoping to also visit with Mrs. Brown's class at least once, as I have never actually seen her teach before. I'm sure she has much wisdom to pass on to her new padouin.

So, that's it. The ball will officially be rolling in May.
WOO HOO!!!

-This is completely aside from anything previously said, but the ice cream truck outside is playing Christmas music. Just thought you'd like to know.-

No comments: