Monday, April 14, 2008

Weekend Update

How did the Hinton's spend this last weekend? Well, let me tell you...

Friday night was date night. Steve and I went to dinner at Logan's Roadhouse, ate way more than was necessary, then went to see a movie. We don't splurge on the cinema very often due to the outrageous cost, but once in a while we just want to see a flick on the big screen. We shelled out $20 to see 21. Good movie. Not sure it was worth the ticket price, but then again I'm not sure any movie is worth the ticket price nowadays.

I take that back. Coming May 22 to a theater near you...
INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL
I would pay $20 just for myself to see that one in Dolby Digital the size of a 4 story building!

Saturday I had a rehearsal for the upcoming talent show at church. That's right, I said talent show. I will not be using any of my musical gifts, but instead will grace the stage with my charm and wit for three short "commercials" to be placed throughout the show. It is my hope to have them videotaped for private viewing by friends and family fortunate enough to not have to sit through the actual event, and so as to not give away too much I'll just say...Cha cha cha Chia!

Sunday was of course a day of rest and worship for the Hinton Huddle. It was Sydney Joy's first day in the Toddler Room. She has officially moved on from the Nursery and is now in the "big girl" classroom. She was very excited and showed no signs of separation anxiety whatsoever. I would never have expected anything different. That's my girl!

Now it is Monday and we are back into the weekday routine with school, meetings, and other activities. I do have a couple of prayer requests for you to add to your lists this week:
Steve's brother, David, has been in the hospital with ulcerated colitis. It is pretty severe and they are almost certain that his colon will have to be removed. He is 43 years old, and just got married on April 5. His new bride has been at his side every possible minute, but I'm sure she didn't expect "in sickness" to come so quickly. Please pray for healing so that his colon can remain where God put it and so that he doesn't have to deal with a colostomy bag for the rest of his hopefully long life. Also, David has just started going to church and what little belief in God that was just beginning to develop is being tested in a big way. Pray hard that he can still see God through the struggle and that this would only reinforce his faith and not destroy it.
Also, my Grandmother in Ohio (mom's mom) is in the hospital with severe kidney problems. The doctors that she may have to go home by the end of this week as she will be stable and there will nothing else they can do for her. Being stable and able to leave the hospital is great, but having to go back home with my Grandpa is a little more tricky. We're not sure if he will able to care for her alone at this point. In fact, we're pretty sure he can't. She needs to be in a care facility that can cater to her new dietary needs, monitor her progress, and has trained staff on hand should things go down hill. However, the thought of living apart from my Grandmother is something akin to death for my Grandpa. Pray for him to make the right decision, for his spirit and his heart to bear the effects of that decision, and of course for my Grandma's health.

Thanks for joining with us in these prayers!

Yours until Windex will clean up Windows Vista,
-erin

No comments: