Friday, May 30, 2008

Here are a few short descriptions of things going on here in West Sac...

Sarah Jane only has 4 days of school left. She is very excited to be done with First Grade, and while I'm proud of her and remember the sheer joy that comes with the end of the school year I am not entirely thrilled to have all three girls (plus the little boy I babysit) all day, everyday.

Sadie Lynn got to go to preschool twice this week while I taught the morning class. She fits in great and will have a fine time in the fall, no doubt. We got her registration packet and are really looking forward to her having the full preschool experience soon.

Sydney Joy is continuing to pick up words and attitudes. She has a tight grasp on the concept of "NO!" and "MINE!" and "STOP IT!" All three of which come in handy when playing with her sisters, but are much less enjoyable when screamed at me.

So, that's the short of it. Oh, one more thing. Sarah Jane is bringing home stacks of work from school with the end of the year being so close. One of the things I sifted through last week was a book she made about butterflies. One page was a worksheet provided by the teacher that asked them to write 3 things they knew about butterflies. Sarah Jane's list looked like this:
1. They only live for three weeks
2. They like to be free
3. They are not made of butter

There you go. Have a good laugh.

Yours 'till the butter flies.

No comments: