Sunday, May 18, 2008

Our Week in Review

Steve's week went like this: First, he went to work, came home, and went to sleep. After about 6 hours he got up, ate lunch, went to the gym to work out, came home to take a nap, had a snack then went back to work. And so the cycle continues... At our recently attended Marriage Encounter weekend we were asked at the beginning to introduce ourselves and say one thing we appreciate about our spouse. Steve went first and said that he appreciates the effort I put into keeping a quiet house while he is sleeping during the day. I followed with how much I appreciate his overwhelming desire to support and provide for his family. (Which, BTW, I had planned to say before he said his thing) And so, I reminisce on that to let you all know that while Steve's schedule is difficult at times, and although it may seem from the outside that our limited togetherness would be a hindrance to our marriage, we really are making it work to the best of our ability. Steve, in fact, is at work as I speak (um,type) and the next 3 days I calculate less than 10 hours when we will be awake at the same time and in the same place, he then has 5 days off in a row and with it being a holiday weekend and no school on Monday, family time is right around the corner! Woo Hoo!

My week went like this: I really didn't have much outside of the ordinary activities with the exception of being able to teach at the preschool 3 days. Once in the afternoon class and twice in the morning class. I must admit, the more I'm in the classroom with those darling children and the closer it gets to the end of school year, the more excited I am about this job for the fall. I am trying very hard not to count ALL of my chickens until I actually sign on the dotted line, which may not happen until early august. But everytime I talk to the morning teacher she reassures me that I'm in the door and my cart gets a little bit closer to the front of my horse.

Sarah Jane's week went like this: She had her regular school schedule, but this week was Teddy Bear Week. She got to take her favorite bear to school, where it stayed all week long. Each day they would read to their bears, play games with them, and try to teach them something new. On Friday when they entered the room in the morning the class was startled to discover that the bears were having quite the party while they were gone. Some were playing with the classroom toys, others were reading to themselves, some were trying to write on the chalk board. Each bear was found doing something curious. According to Sarah Jane, her bear was playing with several other bears in a game that looked a lot like "duck duck goose." What fun. Her week ended with a sleepover birthday party at her friend Mayra's house. She was a bit worried that she would miss me while away, and so I gave her one of my bracelets to wear so she could think of me and have me close. I also told her it would be fine to call if she needed to, just to say goodnight and get a kiss over the phone. Well, when I went to pick her up I mentioned that she must have had a good time because she never did call me. She said, and I quote, "I'm sorry mom, I forgot all about you."
Nice.

Sadie Lynn's week went like this: Again, if my week doesn't vary from the usual routine, neither does hers. Although, she did get get to accompany me to the preschool both mornings I taught. She had a great time and is also getting very excited to be a part of the class next year.

Sydney Joy's week went like this: Surprisingly parallel to Steve's- she woke up, ate, played, took a nap, ate some more, played some more, took another nap, ate again, continued to play, then went to bed. And so the cycle continues...

Well, that's about it for now.

Yours 'till every room is clean except the mushroom.

No comments: