This weekend Steve and I attended a marriage retreat here in Sacramento called Marriage Encounter. It was FABULOUS! We had a great time with each other and with God. It was a unique conference in that 90% of our time was spent alone with each other. the weekend was designed to teach and promote and allow communication between spouses. And boy does it work. I would recommend Marriage Encounter to anyone. One of their catch phrases is that they strive to "make good marriages great." Ours is still a work in progress of course, as it will be until death do us part, but we now have the tools to effectively build a relationship that will last that long. If you are interested, check out the website www.agme.org. They have an upcoming weekend event in TX (Christy...)
While we were gone the girls stayed with our good friends The Einsels. Evidence of their horrible experience was immediately seen as Steve and I walked in the door after being gone for 42 hours and heard "I don't want to go home!" "Can't we stay another day?" "Aww, you're back already?" Just a little bit of separation anxiety would be nice now and then, seriously!
So that is how we spent our last 2 days. Quite productive. This week holds a visit to the preschool class to begin scoping things out for next year, three nights of meetings, and I'm sure a countless number of surprises. I'll keep you "Updated."
Yours 'till Superman wears the Cape of Good Hope
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment