Sunday, May 11, 2008

Weekend Update

I guess I should start with an update on the weekday goings on before I jump into the weekend...

It was an uneventful week containing all of the normal activities, and that's all I have to say about that.

Our weekend went much too quickly, as do all of them. After a quiet Friday night at home with the girls we got up bright and early on Saturday and hit the ground running. I had a luncheon/silent auction at church which is an annual event. My participation included performing a monologue during the entertainment portion of the event. It was the voice of a young woman who had recently realized that she was becoming her mother and how, in the end, that wasn't such a bad thing.

I will now take a minute to say that while the aforementioned monologue was found in a dramatic publication there is no one prouder to become her mother than I am. If there were any woman I would emulate, idolize, and model my life after it would be my Mom!

Our Saturday continued with an afternoon BBQ in honor of those boys and girls who were able to, by way of writing and remembering Bible verses and toting along Bibles and friends, earned 25 or more points at Horizon's Kidz Church. About 12 out of the 50 regular attending children were able to gather enough points to be invited to this special event, and of course our Sarah Jane was one of them. The BBQ was held a local park which is beautifully equipped with large grassy areas, a wonderful man made lake, and a super fun fountain area where the kids can get wet. Sadie Lynn and Sydney Joy joined in the celebration although both are too young to participate in the program. We all returned home wet and tired.

Sunday morning was church, after which we got take out for lunch and went home for relaxation and nap time. Steve went to work around 3 pm and the rest of us stayed in the air conditioning and played games. My family celebrated Mother's Day with the giving of gifts. I received a special edition DVD of West Side Story from Steve, and the girls got mommy some of her favorite music in the form of the Hairspray soundtrack. We played the CD after dinner and danced and sang until we fell on the floor laughing. Much fun was had by all.

Once again, our regular week is just hours away. Steve will have 2 days off in the middle of the week, and I will be subbing for two days at the end of the week. I will try to find time to fill you in somewhere in the middle, and so...

Yours 'till the moon is a guest on Dancing With the Stars

1 comment:

CathyE said...

Thank you for the Mother's Day card - in the form of your blog entry - and I really would like to hear some of these monologues and "commercials" you've been doing lately.