Saturday, February 7, 2009

21st Century- Here We Come!

Let me begin by saying that this is not an excuse, just an explanation.

I have found it difficult to devote the necessary time it takes to blog regularly. With our super, mega, ultra slow Internet connection, and the fact that it takes up our only phone line (yes, dial-up does still exist) a normal length post takes about a half hour. Add in the constant interruptions by my wonderful children and we're looking at an hour, at least. And don't forget the 5 phone calls on my cell phone because our line was busy...Anyway, you get the idea.

But no more will this be an issue!
21st Century, here we come!

Just this morning Steve set up our brand new Wi-Fi connection. Woo Hoo! I am currently on the internet and on the phone at the same time.

Just a minute, let me hang up...

OK. Where was I? Oh yeah, I can be on the computer and still get a phone call at the house. It's amazing. Not to mention that it took all of 45 seconds to connect to the internet, open my blog, log-in, and start typing. Just that alone before took long enough to make me want to scream. I am so excited! And since it's not connected to the wall, I can move around the house, I can stop and referee an argument, check lunch in the oven, heck, I can take a shower and do my hair and not worry about the fact that the phone is busy. I don't why that always bothered me, but it did. What if someone important needed to get a hold of me right at that very minute?

As if getting an up to date internet connection wasn't reason enough to celebrate- we also got caller ID on our house phone! I know it's you calling before I answer. How weird is that? Caller ID has been around so long that our friends couldn't believe we didn't have it, but since it wasn't free, it wasn't on our phone. But now we got a good package deal through AT&T for the internet, house phone, and one more thing...Satellite TV! I know! Can you believe it? I haven't had cable since I was a kid. Needless to say, my husband is in heaven. I may never get him off the couch again. He may be permanently glued to both the TV and the computer for a while. At least until it looses that "new car smell." Not me, though. I have stuff to do. I just wanted to take a few minutes (literally) to say hello and fill you in our recent arrival into the current decade.

Yours 'till Charlotte lives on the Web.

No comments: