Sunday, February 8, 2009

Hmmm?

So, I've been thinking.
I know, could be dangerous, but sometimes you gotta' do whatcha gotta' do.

I am really enjoying my job at the preschool. And I must say, I am pretty good at it too. Toot! (that was my own horn) However, as some of you know, I have been teaching third grade math and science in the mornings at Sarah Jane's school*. That has been fun and very educational for me as much as for my students. In fact, during this time at Delta it has occurred to me that I could teach elementary school and be very happy. So I've been kicking around the idea of going back to school to get my full credential so I can do just that, but I can't seem to make up my mind on what I want to do.

It is fairly frustrating to be 32 and still not know what you want to do when you grow up.

There are so many pros and cons for both sides that I am torn. One day I am in love with the preschool and knowing that the director will be leaving in a couple of years and that I could take her place is very appealing. But then again, I could teach half days in a kindergarten class and make twice as much money and never have to worry about weather or not the school district is going to ax our program, which is a legitimate concern with James Marshall Preschool.

Anyway, I'm going to work through this decision and hope that you will help me. Let me know what you think by commenting to this post. I would like to get some outside perspectives.

Yours 'till there's a harvest in the kinder-garden.

*that job had now ended. They hired a second grade teacher last week. I'm glad to have my mornings with the baby whom I didn't see much of before.

2 comments:

christythecook said...

WOOO-HOOOO!!!
I am not the only one!!!!
Almost 33 and not know what I want to do with the rest of my life...Do I want to get a teaching certificate? Do I want to go back to the preschool/daycare scene and become assistant director then work my way to director?
Until I decide I will pray...for me and now you, what do we do? Only God has that answer I am convinced! And those answers will come in due time...

kellye said...

I am 34 and just when I sem to be doing what I think I want to do, I end up wanting to do something else! LOL God has a way of using our desires to get us closer to where He wants us to be. Just keep pressing on and following what and where He leads you to be...at some point, you'll realize you've been doing what you've wanted to do all along.